Explore the links to learn more about the boundless opportunities offered by the Department of Computer Science!
Contact us to arrange a virtual hangout or a department tour with a CS student ambassador to learn more about the department!
The Talent Pipeline for Silicon Harbor!
The Department of Computer Science at the College of Charleston is the talent pipeline for Silicon Harbor and beyond! Charleston is ranked in the top 10 fastest growing cities for software and internet technology and we are strategically integrated within Silicon Harbor’s technology industry.
Why Computer Science at the College of Charleston:
- Built on top of the ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science Computer Science program within a 21st century liberal arts and sciences education, with class sizes of 25 or less
- Our PhD faculty devote time for you: encouraging you in your career path, company startup, and/or graduate preparation
- Over $150k in departmental scholarships awarded annually
- Our culture resembles a startup company
- Connections to high-tech companies and network of Computer Science alumni, locally and nationally (Click on map to explore the local tech opportunities)
- Paid internship opportunities for all students with Blackbaud, BenefitFocus, Pandora, Facebook and more
- Opportunities for undergraduate research for freshmen
- Semester-based study abroad at no additional cost
- High-paying jobs right out of college for 90%+ of our graduates
- Salaries range from $50k/year and reach up to $140k/year (2014 data)